Substitute Teacher Permit

To substitute teach in Wyoming, you must apply for a Substitute Teaching Permit through the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board. This permit is valid for five years and is eligible for renewal if you meet all of the requirements before the deadline (ie: acquire 70 contact hours of PTSB approved workshops/training).  

There are two ways to meet the requirements for a substitute teacher permit.

 College Credit Path

Alternative Path