NEWS, UPDATES & INFORMATION
NEWS, UPDATES & INFORMATION
In accordance with current directives, we will need to limit the number of fans (including visitors) at each activity as follows: BPHS/100 BPMS/50 BPE/35 and any school event at the Rec Center Gym/TBD.
The Sublette County Public Health Office (PHO) has issued an amended order requiring masks for all from age 12 and above. This Order goes into effect on Tuesday, 12/1/20 thru 1/4/21. You may make a verbal or written request for an exemption. No documentation is required and all requests will be honored.
Our goal for this school year is to remain in TIER I (students in attendance). We have a very limited number of substitutes for our staff. Today, that is the biggest threat to our ability to stay in TIER I.
On 11/16, the Wyoming High School Activities Association (WHSAA) mandated that face coverings are required at all high school activities. If you are planning to attend an activity, you will be required to wear a face covering the entire time you are there. Coaches and non-participating team members included.
FREE THRU MAY 2021: COVID/FLU/STREP testing for all Sublette County and Labarge area residents up to 18 years of age! Contact the Marbleton Clinic (276-3306) or the Pinedale Clinic to make an appointment.
Wear a face covering, wash your hands frequently, disinfect your hands frequently, avoid crowds, stay home if you feel ill… do what you can when you can. Help us keep school/activities open for the students.
Governor Gordon has offered a free COVID test to all Wyoming citizens. Go to: https://www.vaulthealth.com/covid The saliva test will then be mailed to you.
Public Health Office (PHO) will issue an isolation order to any staff or student who has a positive COVID test result. Your child’s School will contact parents every time we become aware that a staff member/student is identified as having a positive test for COVID 19. We will forward general notices (e.g. what symptoms to monitor) from the PHO. ONLY the PHO can issue a quarantine, or isolation order.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Superintendent/Principal/School Nurse.
Spectator Information for Fall Sports:
Although we are operating under different circumstances, we are very excited to have a fall activity season that allows our students to participate and excel in football, volleyball, and swimming. The state health department in conjunction with the Wyoming High School Activities Association has given each school guidelines for spectator attendance this fall. Please note the criteria below if you are interested in following the Punchers this year. All spectators must be able to answer “No” to the COVID screening questions before they will be allowed admittance to any contest home or away. All spectators should also have a face covering and use them if social distancing outside the family group is not possible. Please cooperate with home and visiting game administration, you may be asked to leave the contest if you fail to comply with an administrator’s request. We are also making every effort to live stream each home contest. Please refer to www.sublette9.org for the appropriate link.
Home Volleyball Matches:
● Each week Big Piney H.S. will produce four game tickets that are given to each player, manager, and coach. Participants may give their four tickets to parents or any friends that they wish. An additional 100 game tickets will be available for anyone else interested in attending a home volleyball match. Tickets can be picked up at the high school on the Wednesday before each contest from 8:00 - 4:00 pm. You can also call the high school at 276-3324 to reserve a ticket. Our first two home matches occur on Tuesdays, so tickets will be available on the Monday before these matches.
Away Volleyball Matches:
● The number of visiting tickets is determined by the host school. Our team (players, managers, coaches) will be given a certain number of tickets to then pass out to parents, family members, and friends. Know that the number of tickets for visitors will be very limited and differ from week to week based on the host school’s facilities.
Home Football Games:
● We are limited to 175 spectators in the home bleachers and or standing along the fence inside the stadium. Visiting spectators are limited to 70 across the field (sitting and standing combined). Once capacities are reached spectators may view the game from outside the stadium fence.
Away Football Games:
● As of now, visiting schools are also not using a ticket system. Spectator numbers inside the stadium/field may be limited based on the host school’s facilities.
Home Swim Meets:
● A ticket system will also be used for home swim meets. Ticket numbers will be extremely limited to spectators that are willing to help with timing and immediate family.
Away Swim Meets: To be determined by host schools.